Regarding the use of the riding whip/crop at race meets in Alberta:
- Jockey must not apply the riding whip/crop more than two (2) times in succession without giving the horse a chance to respond.
- Jockeys must have full control of their horse before using the riding whip/crop.
- Violation of this Notice at Century Mile and Century Downs may result in any of the following penalties:
- First offense: $300.00 fine
- Second offense: 1 day suspension (suspension day to be served at the discretion of the Board of Stewards)
- Third offense: 3 day suspension (suspension days to be served at the discretion of the Board of Stewards)
By Order of the Board of Stewards
February 20, 2019