There appears to be a few more horses around this week, compared to last - with 12 races programmed for this coming Saturday afternoon at Century Downs Racetrack and Casino - post time is 2:15 (4:15 Eastern). The 'go-to' wagers, on the day, include the PICK 5 plays starting up in Race's 1 and 8, plus there's a pair of PICK 4 opportunities beginning in Race's 3 & 9.
The Race 5 $10,500 top class event, for boys, highlights the card with Codename Cigar Box trying to come right back after romping away in the feature, two weeks ago, going right to his life mark of 1:53.2. Owned, trained and reined by Kelly Hoerdt - with Fred Gilbert and Blair Corbeil also on the ownership line, the four-year-old stallion son of Custard The Dragon has been installed as the even-money favourite in the seven-horse affair. He'll face a very sharp class jumper in HF Thegreatpumpkin, West Coast Beach, Outlaw Gunzablazin, Shark Week, Canadian Pharoh and Crackle N Burn.
The streaking Fun For Fans-owned Outlaw Blue Isle will try to remain perfect, during the month of March, for the Stollery Children's Hospital as she's been ultra-impressive racing for that charity. Rod and Jackie Starkewski have done a fine job in managing this lightly-raced daughter of Blue Blurner who can get quite excitable on track - as witnessed last week going into the winner's circle. She'd pose quickly for her photo and rear up very high, on her hind legs, before exiting victory lane to make her way back to the barn for some cool-out time. Be watching for her as she takes aim at four in a row, in Race 9, with Jamie Gray in the bike.
Best of luck to all racing and playing!
7 If Only Id Known
5 Show Stop
6 No Bettor Parade
1 Munchie Chris
1 Naked Burner
3 Rockin N Rollin
2 Triple Action
6 Lost Control
1 Vanyla Beanz
4 Codename Cigar Box
5 Shark Week
7 Crackle N Burn
2 Presidents Rescue
6 YV Angels Envy
6 No Collusion
4 Drive Away
6 Shir Gain
2 Divas Black Gold
6 Outlaw Blue Isle
4 Cheese Whiz
7 Tami Blue
4 Rockin Shadow
7 Dubai Seelster
1 Is Santa Real
8 Outlaw Tootsieroll
5 Lil Screamer
7 Oriental Express
1 Outlaw Spiced Rum
Late PICK 4 ANALYSIS
- 4 CHEESE WHIZ has been knocking on the door in recent starts and will pop one of these times; maybe it'll be today.
- 6 OUTLAW BLUE ISLE goes for 4 in a row; this 'Fun For Fans' mare is racing for the Stollery Children's Hospital this month.
- 4 ROCKIN SHADOW is always in the hunt and was able to bounce back against these last time; a must play in here.
- 5 LITIZOR just missed last time when bumping up in class; he's looking more than capable on his current form spree.
- 7 DUBAI SEELSTER went from last to third in his latest; another tough post this time, but certainly worth a look.
- 1 IS SANTA REAL pulled off a 35/1 shocker in her latest; she'll face a similar bunch here and have a rail advantage this week.
- 5 LIL SCREAMER just missed last time out; if she can find a decent trip with these - she should be a solid player again.
- 6 BEARCAT ROMI has been a great cheque-getter, but she has yet to win in 2022; she'll be a value play to chase after here.
- 7 JEDI TRICKS was a beaten favourite last week, but she's always a threat; very hard to ignore with this group of mares.
- 8 OUTLAW TOOTSIEROLL was an easy winner last start, but now she's on the outside looking in; use her with caution.
- 7 ORIENTAL EXPRESS was parked out in much of her latest, but still managed a game second; she looks much the best.