Thank you to the individuals and stables that have offered sponsorship for the monthly awards! We need help for the rest of the season (including Century Downs). We offer to Stables or Individuals to sponsor our Monthly awards at $50/month. If you would like to be a sponsor, please contact Theresa Sealy for the information. Your name and the winner of your award will be printed in the monthly newsletter. These are the 4 sponsorships each month up for offer:
- Top Groom – Roger Winegardner – Sponsor Century Mile
- Pony Person – Jill Klubi – Sponsor Century Mile
- Exercise Rider – Micah St. Hill – Sponsor Century Mile
- Shedrow of the Month – Ron Grieves Stable – Sponsor Century Mile
The HBPA of AB is holding monthly BBQ Fundraisers to raise money for the Backstretch Accident fund. Please come over and make your donation to support. The next fundraiser will beWednesday July 3rd - $5 for a hot dog and a drink. Thank you to July’s sponsor – ATOBA and the CTHS of AB.
- Track Closing – Century Mile Racetrack will be closed for training on Tuesday July 2nd, and every Monday for the rest of the meet
- Canadian Amateur Jockeys Association is looking for jockeys and sponsors. CAJA is planning a race at Evergreen Park on August 2nd, Lethbridge RMTC on September 1st, and Century Downs on October 5th. To become an amateur jockey, you must be able to tack 135 lbs, be retired from being a professional jockey for 3 years or be approved by the CAJA testing team. We are fundraising for The Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada for 2019
- The C Cup Classic race will be on Saturday, October 5th at Century Downs and this year will be raising funds for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada. We will be looking for sponsors and riders so if anyone is interested in being a part of “On Track to Beat Cancer” and/or the C Cup Classic they can contact Jean Kruse, Theresa Sealy, or Kirsty Luft-Nault.
- ATOBA would like to thank all of the trainers and guests who attended the Trainer Appreciation Lunch co-sponsored by ATOBA and CTHS on Friday, June 21.
- Golfers! Redtail Landing Golf Club is offering horsemen 20% off the rack rates for green fees valid any time!
- The HBPA of AB has moved – New address is #205, 5925 12th Street SE Calgary AB. T2H 2M3. 403-234-7499.
- Century Mile stall fees – Trainers please see the HBPA Bookkeeper ASAP to clear up your stall fees.
- Trainer’s test – Anyone who is planning to write their Thoroughbred “A” Trainers or Assistant Trainers for 2019, please see Theresa Sealy at the HBPA office for your application.
- Dental, eye, and hearing subsidies from HBPA are available. You must have held a HRA license for a minimum of 90 days to be eligible. Pick up application forms from Theresa Sealy.
- Thoroughbred Lasting Careers and CTHS have been getting requests from individuals looking for OTTBs. If you are looking to rehome or retire a TB off the track please contact the CTHS office at 403-229-3609.
Horse Racing Alberta