Century Mile hosted KidSport Day on September 2. In addition to racing, and the sale of KidSport edition plush horse ‘Henrys’, there were a handful of kid friendly activities on the trackside apron such as face painting, a balloon artist, an ice cream truck and Thistle Hill Petting Zoo and Pony Rides for racing fans and their families to enjoy. All activities were by donation, with all proceeds going directly to KidSport. Before the races a number of KidSport families were invited back to the barns for a private tour with KidSport Ambassadors Dave Kelly and Mike Hennessy and some of our equine athletes.
A cheque was presented to KidSport representative Glenn Jensen on October 6 by Century Mile General Manager Jim Gannarelli, and our KidSport Ambassadors who also donated a portion of their driver’s earnings to the cause.
Century Mile would like to thank KidSport, Mike Hennessy, Dave Kelly, and everyone who came out to contribute to our support of a great cause, so ALL kids can play!
- Dave Kelly and Whiskey Throttle Dave Kelly and Whiskey Throttle
- KidSport Cheque presentation KidSport Cheque presentation
- Mike Hennessy and HF Thegreatpumpkin Mike Hennessy and HF Thegreatpumpkin
- Mike Hennessy and Silent Rescue Mike Hennessy and Silent Rescue
- Treasure Horizon Treasure Horizon
- Winner's Circle following the KidSport feature race Winner's Circle following the KidSport feature race