|Section 2||HORSE RACING ALBERTA ACT||RSA 2000||Chapter H-11.3|
(d) on the submission to the board of the name of a candidate with respect to a position on the board,
(i) the board shall conduct a vote of the board to determine whether the candidate is to be appointed to fill the position, and
(ii) if at least a 2/3 majority of the vote is in favour of the candidate’s being appointed to the position, the board shall appoint the candidate to fill the vacancy or to take office on the expiry of the current board member’s term of office, as the case may be.
(4) The term of office of a member of the board is 3 years or a shorter period of time prescribed by the persons appointing the member to the board.
(5) A person who is a member of the board may be reappointed as a member of the board but
(a) that person is not eligible to serve for more than 6 consecutive years as a member of the board, and
(b) where the person has served for 6 consecutive years as a member of the board, that person is not eligible to be appointed again as a member of the board until 3 years has elapsed from the time that the person’s last appointment to the board terminated.
(6) No person who within the last 5 years has been convicted of an offence under the Gaming and Liquor Act or this Act or has been convicted of an indictable offence under the Criminal Code (Canada) may be appointed as a member of the board.
(7) The board may, with the approval of the Minister, change the name of the Corporation or use a trade name that is different from the name of the Corporation.
(8) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (3), if at any time an association or the board, as the case may be, is unable to make or does not make the appointment to the board in accordance with subsection (1) or (3), the Minister may make the appointment.
(9) The quorum of the board is 7 members of the board who have voting rights.
RSA 2000 cR-1 s2;2002 c22 s4
3 Repealed 2002 c22 s5.