|Section 24||HORSE RACING ALBERTA ACT||RSA 2000||Chapter H-11.3|
(5) The Minister shall prescribe the remuneration and expenses payable to the chair and members of the Appeal Tribunal.
(6) The amount of the remuneration and expenses prescribed under subsection (5) and the expenses and costs incurred in the operation of the Appeal Tribunal shall be paid by the Corporation.
(7) The Corporation shall not give any directions to the Appeal Tribunal with respect to the conduct of appeals or the operation of the Appeal Tribunal.
(8) Notwithstanding subsection (7), the Corporation is entitled to appear as a party before the Appeal Tribunal and to present evidence and make submissions to the Appeal Tribunal.
(9) The quorum of the Appeal Tribunal is 2 members of the Appeal Tribunal.
(10) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Minister may appoint persons as acting members of the Appeal Tribunal to act when the Appeal Tribunal is unable to establish a quorum.
RSA 2000 cR-1 s23;2002 c22 s7
Right to appeal
24 Where a racing official makes a ruling or gives a direction, a person affected by that ruling or direction may appeal that ruling or direction to the Appeal Tribunal.
1996 cR-1.5 s24
Commencement of appeal
25(1) A person who has a right of appeal may commence an appeal by serving on the Corporation, or on a person designated by the Corporation, a notice of appeal within 30 days from the day that the person receives written notification of the ruling or direction being appealed.
(2) On being served with a notice of appeal, the Corporation shall, within 10 days from the day of being served with the notice of appeal, deliver the notice of appeal to the chair of the Appeal Tribunal.
1996 cR-1.5 s25
Decision of Appeal Tribunal
26(1) When the Appeal Tribunal hears an appeal, the Appeal Tribunal may, by order, do one or more of the following:
(a) dismiss the appeal;