|Section 23||HORSE RACING ALBERTA ACT||RSA 2000||Chapter H-11.3|
(dd) governing, subject to section 2, the nomination and appointment of persons as members of the board.
(2) The Regulations Act does not apply to rules made under this section.
(3) Where a rule is made under subsection (1), the Corporation shall publish the rule in Part I of The Alberta Gazette.
(4) A rule that is not published in accordance with subsection (3) is not valid against a person who has not had actual notice of the rule.
(5) On publication of a rule in Part I of The Alberta Gazette, every person is deemed to have notice of the rule.
1996 cR-1.5 s22
Part 3 - Appeals
23(1) The Minister shall
(a) appoint an Appeal Tribunal consisting of not more than 3 persons to hear appeals under this Act, and
(b) designate one of the members of the Appeal Tribunal as the chair of the Appeal Tribunal.
(2) The term of office of a member of the Appeal Tribunal shall not exceed 3 years.
(3) A person who is a member of the Appeal Tribunal may be reappointed as a member of the Appeal Tribunal but
(a) that person is not eligible to serve for more than 6 consecutive years as a member of the Appeal Tribunal, and
(b) where the person has served for 6 consecutive years as a member of the Appeal Tribunal, that person is not eligible to be appointed again as a member of the Appeal Tribunal until 3 years has elapsed from the time that the person’s last appointment to the Appeal Tribunal terminated.
(3.1) Subsection (3) applies to members holding office on the coming into force of this subsection.
(4) A person shall not at any one time be a member of both the board and the Appeal Tribunal.